If you're looking to indulge in the best that South Florida country club living has to offer this summer season, look no further than the Exclusive Summer Membership available at Wellington National Golf Club!
Wellington National Golf Club is proud to announce the Inaugural First Responders Day at the club will be this Monday, January 29, 2018. All active duty police personnel, fire department personnel, EMT personnel and any other individuals contributing to the civil services of first responders are invited for a complimentary round of golf!
Wellington National Golf Club is pleased to announce a new partnership with the Wellington-based Chisholm Gallery, owned by Jeanne Chisholm. Already a prominent local fixture in the golf, dining and event scenes, Wellington National will also join the realm of the international art world with help from Chisholm’s meticulously curated collection.
Mark your calendars for January 4, 2018 and come on out to Wellington National Golf Club for the Horses Healing Hearts Season Kickoff Party.
The 1st Annual Pro-Am Golf Tournament, benefiting Special Olympics Florida-Palm Beach County, will be held December 4, 2017 at Wellington National Golf Club, and it is an event you do not want to miss! The first event of its kind in the western communities will give participants the opportunity to play in a respectable Pro-Am tournament while supporting the important work of Special Olympics of Palm Beach County. Wellington National invites you to consider attending and sponsoring this charitable event in show of stewardship for the local Wellington community and especially those individuals with special needs and their families who care for them.
Wellington, Fla. – Oct. 4, 2017 – Wellington National Golf Club (WNGC) is pleased to welcome Mr. Ted Strelec as General Manager and Director of Golf at Wellington’s premier golf and country club. Strelec will work closely with the club owners, employees and members to continually improve the golf program and daily operations at Wellington National. With nearly three decades of experience in the golf industry, Wellington National is excited to welcome Ted to the WNGC team.
“My goal at Wellington National is to combine my 27-years of experience in the private golf club industry with a lifelong passion for customer service to create a member experience second to none,” remarked Strelec. “The management team at Wellington National plans to create a world-class golf program that’s complemented with a variety of club amenities for the entire family.”
Prior to joining Wellington National, Strelec served as the Director of Golf at Bear Lakes Country Club in West Palm Beach, Fla., a position he held since 2007. Bear Lakes Country Club gave him his start in golf nearly 30 years ago, hiring Strelec as a young high school graduate for the role of Outside Operations Assistant under the mentorship of Kevin Murphy, who is currently Head Golf Professional at the famed McArthur Golf Club in Hobe Sound, Fla.
Strelec returned to Bear Lakes Country Club in 1996 with the elevated title of Head Golf Professional. After serving that role for 10 years, Strelec was promoted to Director of Golf. Since that time, Strelec’s role at the 36-hole facility included creating and managing a robust event schedule with approximately 90 annual events. In 2009, the country club hosted the Final Stage of PGA TOUR Qualifying School, with Strelec at the helm as the host professional responsible for all aspects of operation.
“We are so thrilled Ted Strelec will now be associated with Wellington National,” said Doug Marty and Chip Smith, owners of WNGC. “His reputation for excellence as a golf professional and management leader speaks for itself and we have high hopes that he will be an invaluable asset to our club as it continues to develop.”
No stranger to South Florida, Strelec has lived in the region most of his life and has established a deep network of lifelong connections inside and outside of the golf community. Outside of his profession, he has served as the President of the Board for the Jupiter Horsemen’s Association.
Introducing YOGALATIS (infusion of yoga and pilates) and AQUA PILATES (in the pool)
Complimentary Introductory Yogalatis Class will be held on Tuesday, October 3rd at 5:30pm
Moving forward, classes will be held every Wednesday at 5:30pm for a fee of $10.
Complimentary Aqua Pilates will be held on Friday, October 6th at 9:30am.
Moving forward, classes will be held every Fridayat 9:30am for a fee of $10.
Both Yogalatis and Aqua Pilates are designed to develop the mind-body connection incorporating both Pilates and Yoga techniques. It helps develop core strength, control, flexibility, coordination, balance, dynamic alignment, focus and concentration. This system works the entire body from different planes of movement, providing a total body workout while minimizing stress on the joints, resulting in an effective combination of exercise and physiotherapy.
This challenging core workout includes aerobic and stationary exercise that stimulates the toning, stretching and lengthening moves that typically require a variety of Pilates resistance equipment.
Anna will offer a diversity of disciplines each week in her classes to enable her students to attain their maximum potential.
These classes are suitable to people of all ages and level of fitness and it will enhance the performance of golfers on and off the course.
Anna Shay McEntee
Anna is a continuing education provider in fitness for National Academy of Sports Medicine, American Council on Exercise, Aerobics and Fitness Association of America, Aquatic Exercise Association and Systematic T.O.U.C.H. Training.
Wellington, Fla. - September 18, 2017 - Wellington National Golf Club is pleased to serve as the host venue for a Special Olympics tournament and fundraiser held within the Wellington community! Make sure to keep your calendars clear Monday, December 4, 2017 in order to participate in the 1st Annual Special Olympics Pro-Am Golf Tournament at Wellington National Golf Club, which will benefit Special Olympics Florida-Palm Beach County.
The day will not only feature an 18-hole men's and women's professional and amateur tournament, but breakfast, a lavish buffet lunch and cocktail reception will be served to players and their families and guests, as well. Breakfast will be available from 7:30am - 8:30 am, followed by a 9:30am shotgun start to the tournament. Tournament teams will be comprised of four amateurs and a professional. Players may sign up as a foursome or, if lacking the number of people to create a full team, as a threesome, twosome or single to be joined with others to constitute a full foursome.
In Palm Beach County alone, nearly 1,700 athletes are served by Special Olympics Florida, and more than 400 volunteers from the community already donate their time to the program. Special Olympics Florida, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization whose mission is to provide year-round sports training and competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for people with intellectual disabilities who wish to participate, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills, and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community. The ultimate objective of Special Olympics Florida is to help people with intellectual disabilities participate as productive and respected members of society at large, by offering them a fair opportunity to develop and demonstrate their skills and talents through sports training and competition, and by increasing the public's awareness of their capabilities and needs.
Wellington National Golf Club asks you to please consider participating, attending or sponsoring this philanthropic event to help local children and their families. Your donations will help to continue the good work that Special Olympics Florida has been providing for the community and its child athletes.
To learn more about Special Olympics Florida-Palm Beach County, please click here.
Wellington National is pleased to welcome Kelita to our team!
Days: Tuesday thru Saturday
Times: By appointment only- Please contact Kelita directly @ 561-315-3030
7:30 am – 8:00 pm, Tuesday – Saturday
· One Hour Massage $75
· Add 30 Minutes for only $20 extra
· “By the Pool Bliss” – 20 Minutes for a foot, hand or foot/hand combo massage by the pool for $20
Location: 400 Binks Forest Drive, Wellington, Florida, 33414
"Health and Wellness is expressing a vibrant Lifestyle!
It is an actively, deliberate sought out set of goals that balances the mind, the body and spirit
in order to reach your full potential in life."
· Originally born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Kelita was an elite gymnast from the age of 10 to 20 years old. She was top in her province (state) and competed internationally as a member of the Canadian National Team. With her sight set on qualifying in the Olympic Trials for Team Canada, she sustained a fall while training, ending her Olympic dream.
· She also grew up learning to ride horses from her mother, at the young age of three. She went on to play polo and train young horses. In turn, she taught her sons how to ride when they turned 3 years old. One of her fondest memories is teaching her sons how to play polo, and then playing together. Along with a family friend, the four of us were often successful victors of weekend tournaments.
· Miguel Jr. and Santiago (Santi) are both professional polo players, turning pro at the ages of 14 and 11, respectively. They are considered to be two of the best young players in the USA, and compete internationally.
· After spending 30 great years in Santa Barbara and Indo, California, she brought her sons to Wellington, and stayed.
· For years I used to practice my massage techniques. I decided to make it official, graduated with Honors from MCI Institute of Technology and Massage Therapy School, in West Palm Beach, FL in 2014.
· Being an athlete all my life, I have experienced my share of chronic pain. After years of trying this and that, lots of research and being thirsty for new knowledge, I now specialize in chronic pain. It is very rewarding to see my clients feel better and function better after their first massage with me. I am very grateful to have the ability to make such a profound impact in peoples’ lives. I strive for excellence and finding a peaceful balance in everything I do. My passion for our equine athletes, my two sons, health and wellness, and the human brain inspire me every day to learn more, so that one day I will be the change in the world, that I want to see.
Why Therapeutic Massage?
· Therapeutic Massage features leisure and relaxation ~ good for the soul and peace of mind
· Therapeutic Massage is also a very versatile modality that is customized for each person and their specific focus
· With guidance, especially when it comes to relaxing, learning breathing techniques, addressing chronic pain or a combination thereof, and the rewarding results speak a thousand words
· The very nature of golf, like any other sport, is not immune from experiencing chronic pain of any degree. Chronic pain can be devastating to an amateur or end the career for a Pro
· According to the National Center for Health Statistics (2006), approximately 76.2 million, one in every four Americans, have suffered from pain that lasts longer than 24 hours and millions more suffer from acute pain. Chronic pain is the most common cause of long-term disability. Mar 29, 2013
· With intention, I work the whole body because everything is connected
· Having massage available, offers convenience by being in-house with trouble-free access for members seeking exactly that, Health & Wellness
· Wellington National is a special meeting place where golfers, Equestrians, athletes of all disciplines and their families come worldwide, to experience the best that Wellington has to offer.
Unique and Exclusive Therapeutic Massage that Melts Away Chronic Pain and Discomfort
· The “Classic Massage” (Swedish) – Therapeutic massage with a softer touch in mind. Great for anyone who prefers a lighter touch, while still receiving all of the benefits of releasing discomfort within the body
· The basic strokes are effleurage (sliding or gliding), petrissage (kneading), tapotement (rhythmic tapping) and friction (cross fiber)
· Our heightened awareness of Chronic Pain has increased rapidly, prompting more and more people to seek relief through Therapeutic Massage
· Deep Tissue and Trigger Point - Slower friction and deep-finger pressure on the area of the body that is experiencing chronic muscle tension and pain in places like neck, shoulders, lower back & hamstrings, hands, feet, for example
· I adapt my pressure through my touch and often find areas that clients didn’t even realize hurt
· Based on the principals of Reflexology, I work on the hands, feet , heels and ears with more of a gliding action combined along with a static squeeze action on the toes for example, linking the body systems to the body’s organs, stimulating a health response and restoring “flow”.
· Introduction to our new Health and Wellness Program
· Clever Nutrition
· Feed Your Brain, Fuel Your Life
· Science Matters!
· Support your brain at the cellular level, helping you to maintain a healthy brain and increased functionality
· Protect stem cells for optimal health
· Recover, Repair, Rehydrate, Replenish
· For the evolution of our mind ®
· Maximize peak cellular performance
· Increased Energy
· Increased Joint Mobility
· Focus & Mental Clarity
· Physical & Mental Wellbeing*
· Decreased Recovery Time
· Deceased Fatigue
· Decreased Duration of Muscle Soreness
· And more
· Experience the competitive edge!
Kathrine Torres, LMT
License # MA76675
Cell Phone 561-315-3030
Wellington National Golf Club, a premier South Florida golf and country club. Wellington National Golf Club is pleased to offer an exciting membership opportunity to perspective members. Right now, any new individual and family members shall receive three additional complimentary months of membership for 2018
The winter season may seem a long way off, but there are only a few short months to reserve Wellington National Golf Club as your venue for holiday parties and events. Whether you plan to host a corporate or family event, or anything in between, WNGC invites you to celebrate the season with them and let them accommodate your holiday needs.
The Champions Bistro, scheduled to open in July, is nearing completion with the arrival of an authentic napolitano pizza oven, direct from Italy. Reaching temperatures of up to 1100 degrees, this oven is capable of making pizza in just a few minutes. Enjoy wood-fired classics such as Margarita pizza, specials, and a build your own option, complete with a full list of fresh ingredients prepared by Chef Jordan Naftal and his team.
Wellington, Fla. – June 14, 2017 – Wellington National Golf Club is proud to welcome the famed American professional golfer and golf instructor, Bob Toski, to their team. Mr. Toski’s title of “Legendary Honorary Wellington National Golf Professional” pays homage to his tremendous contributions to the sport of golf and the South Florida golf community. A member of both the PGA Golf Professional Hall of Fame and the World Golf Teachers Hall of Fame, Mr. Toski continues to be actively involved in all aspects of the golf industry and will help Wellington National Golf Club continue to be the most successful private golf club in Wellington, Fla.
Originally from Haydenville, Ma., Toski was introduced to golf at an early age, learning to play and working as a caddy for two of his older brothers who were assistant professionals at Northampton Country Club. Over the years his skills progressed and he joined the prestigious PGA Tour at just 23 years old, claiming his first victory in the newly formed Insurance City Open golf tournament in 1953. Just a year later Toski’s professional career took off when he became the leading money winner with $64,000 in seasonal earnings. Receiving a record amount of $50,000 for first place in the World Championship of Golf in Illinois, the richest prize-money golf event in the world at the time, Toski also earned a $50,000 contract from golf promoter George S. May for fifty worldwide exhibition events.
Toski chose to leave the PGA Tour at the age of thirty to be with this growing family and moved to South Florida where he taught golf in Miami and Key Largo as a professional. Toski’s career as an instructor would revolutionize the industry in a profound way. Named a leading golf coach, Toski passed on his experience to international professionals including Tom Kite, Judy Rankin, Bruce Crampton, Ken Duke and many others. He has authored more than a dozen books on golf instruction and produced a video entitled Toski Teaches Golf. This early tutorial set into motion the Golf Digest instructional schools, all created with the goal of reaching as many students as possible.
Nicknamed “The Mouse” on the green for his small stature, Toski’s impact on golf is just as powerful as the driving prowess for which he was known for on tour.
“Wellington National is honored to be associated with a professional of such talent and character as Mr. Toski,” commented Doug Marty, founder of Wellington National Golf Club. “We are looking forward to hosting Mr. Toski at our numerous golf events and using his vast knowledge to help our club continue to enhance it’s offerings.”
Welcome Mr. Bob Toski!
Wellington National Golf Club is the premiere members-only club in the heart of Wellington, set amid a lush, award-winning golf course which stretches more than 260 acres. In addition to our full service, all season golf-course, world-class amenities include fine dining at the Wine Bar or Champions Bistro, fitness center, relaxing yoga classes, golf pro shop, pool, weekly social events, and supervised kids room for your enjoyment.
Come experience the country club lifestyle perfect for families, golfers, and equestrians at the all-new Wellington National Golf Club.
For more information on WNGC and membership please click here.